background

Sunday, January 17, 2010

On the Road Again

A new road was just opened connecting Ocotillo Ridge Elementary school to the Del Lago neighborhood. Previously, there was only one road leading to the school, which made for huge traffic congestion, and a dangerous commute for students. Last Friday there was a ribbon cutting opening the new road. Principal Chesebrough invited the whole school to come. As a member of Site Council, I was invited to help cut the ribbon. It was a great celebration for everyone! I love the picture above of all the kids walking back up to the school.
After watching the huge fight with developers, the county and the school district, I was excited to see this road finally go through. (A great big pat on the back to Tony LoMonaco. It's due to him that we have a road!)

Of course, Scott couldn't help but get his word in that morning. As we arrived, Mr. Chesebrough had speakers blasting the song "On the Road Again." Scott just had to tease him about Willie Nelson being a good role model for the kids. (Long Hair, Drugs, Tax Evasion). We all got a good laugh. Overall it was just a great morning!



4 comments:

kellie said...

The road is a curse/blessing in that now we don't get bus service next year, so I am not sure how I feel yet

Mindi said...

It is crazy how little was left to finish the road and how long it took! You look so pretty in that second picture cutting the ribbon! I don't have to worry about bus issues because we are already "walkers" so for me I am very happy to cut back on the traffic on Rex Molly.

Rena said...

YAAAHOOOOOO!!! Finally!!

The Huffs said...

Who is that hot babe in the middle cutting the ribbon?... oh thats my sister Janelle! Seriously You look fabulous!!