background

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fall Break!

As many of you know, Vail School District gives kids a three week break during fall. We are in the middle of the second week right now. Unfortunately, the high schoolers only get two weeks this time around. They will go back next week, while Charlie, Isabelle, and I stay home. During this three week break, we have done many thing so far. We have had cousins come, saw new movies, and gone swimming.
Cousins came down on the September 30th but sadly had to leave the 4th. While cousins were here we went swimming, went to the zoo, and watched conference. It was very exciting to have them come here and spend time with us. While Liz and Mom were gone at California looking at colleges, the rest of us saw Monsters vs. Aliens. It was very funny. My dad really liked the part were Bob says, "Suuusaann! Wow that is scary! I just scared myself!" It was just very funny! My Mom and Liz got back from California on Tuesday.
Yesterday we went to the mall to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I was also a very funny movie. It had all the science stuff in it that just made Charlie laugh. He also told us a science joke on the way there: Atom 1 said to the other, "I think I am missing some electrons!" Atom 2 said, "Are you sure?" Atom 1 said, "Yes! I am positive! Hahaha! It made me laugh so hard. Izzie was just staring at us cause she has not learned this yet. Anyway, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a great movie that is appropriate for both kids and adults.
I am not sure what we are doing today, but we are going to have fun!
~Janet

3 comments:

The Huffs said...

wow you guys have been busy. Sounds like you have had fun!

Mindi said...

I didn't know that the high school students only got two weeks off. Bummer. Sounds like a great two weeks though. We want to go see Meatballs. Glad to hear it was funny. I hope your mom will post something about her and Liz's trip.

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

That does sound like fun! I think I got tired just reading all of it. I'm ready for all the kids to go back to school so I can take a nap (not that that's what moms do during the day you know!) We saw cloudy with a chance of meatballs as well but Jackson was camping with the scouts - I think he's still upset that we went without him. I think he'll survive though.
-Sandy Weber