background

Monday, July 20, 2009

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for Janet, Charlie, and Isabelle. They were all excited. Janet is going into 7th grade. Charlie started 5th grade. And Isabelle started 2nd grade. Isabelle has been looking forward to this day for weeks. Yesterday, she was singing, "Tomorrow is school...tomorrow is school." Then I would hear her saying to herself, "Why can't it be tomorrow? I wish it was tomorrow."
Don't you love Janet's bright yellow shirt! She also had a sunburn from water skiing with the Young Women. So she was glowing from every angle.





I'm happy to say, everyone came home smiling. Although it was terribly hot. (108 degrees!) It wasn't long before we were all in the pool cooling off. Of course we waited until everyone had their homework done.

4 comments:

Mindi said...

Isn't it great when they leave smiling and come home smiling! The pool would have felt great. I swear I needed to take a shower and change clothes after picking up my kids yesterday. It was like standing in front of an open oven. Cute pictures! Janet's skin looks a bit painful. I hope it heals quick! As for you having a senior. How on earth is Elizabeth already a senior!

kidding...right? said...

Holy cow, I'm glad it's not that hot here!! Your kids look really cute for their first day of school. I love Izzie in that dress, those colors look great on her.

dan and laura said...

YAY! School begins. Their outfits were so cute. Of course, Janet in the flaming yellow/green :) that was a fun day.

kellie said...

Cute kids, yay for schedules!