background

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Piccolo Solo

Have you ever seen the end of the musical "Music Man"? All the boys show up with their instruments, and play a horrible rendition of Minuet in G. But the parents get so excited about their boys. One parent yells, "That's my Johnny!" Their pride drowns out the squeaks and bad notes coming from the band.
Well tonight, I felt like yelling,"That's my Annie!" This evening the Cienega band played their fall concert. During the first number, The Invincible Eagle by John Phillip Sousa, Anne played the most awesome piccolo solo. I had not heard her practice this solo at all, and was amazed at the difficulty of the passage, and at how well Anne played it. I was bursting with pride.
Now, I hope I'm not like those mothers from "Music Man". I thought the band sounded excellent. But, maybe I'm prejudice. But then maybe, I might just know a little about how music should sound. :)

5 comments:

Mindi said...

Great job Anne!! I was a little concerned as I read about how the parents cheered at them sounding bad. I was hoping you weren't going to say she had a bad night. Glad I was wrong! Yes, you definitely would know how the music was suppose to sound:)

kidding...right? said...

Way to go Anne! Janelle, you have such talented kids!

Heather said...

I'm sure it was great!

Andi said...

I'm positive you aren't prejudiced! Way to go Anne!

The Wiz said...

She's pretty awesome.