background

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Copper Thunder Marching Band + Old Vail Middle School Band!

Anne's first official home game this year. She was lucky enough to try out for piccolo and made it! Doesn't she look cute in her uniform?
Anne and Lydia. (Both flute players.)

Anne plays the national anthem.

That night the high school band invited the middle school band to join them on the field. So both Janet and Anne were out there! Janet really had fun.

Here is the whole group together.

Here is Janet waiting to enter the field at half time.

The middle school kids also got to sit in the bleachers and play stand tunes with the high school kids. (Does Janet look like she is happy? I wonder why?) The advantages of a girl playing the trumpet!

Playing Band Yell!

Anne and Lydia were playing stand tunes too! Here they are cheering C ! H! S!

Isabelle sat in the stands with me and helped cheer everyone on. It was a great game. Unfortunately, we lost by one point!
We will get them next time!

Fun, fun, video! Who has more rhythm? Janet or those high school boys?

4 comments:

dan and laura said...

YAY! I wish I could have been there to hear Anne play the Anthem. Way fun. Miss you all! Loves loves.

Mindi said...

I love the dancing;) Looks like such a fun night. Ah, the spirit of high school football. That is so neat that Janet got to play with the older kids. Looks like she really enjoyed it. I love Anne in the uniform. Your kids all have such contageous smiles. Every picture of them just makes me smile!

kellie said...

Loved the pictures! I just enjoy being around kids of that age, you can't NOT have fun!

kidding...right? said...

That does look like fun. How fun for Janet. We actually went to the local high school football game last Friday night. I haven't been to a high school game since I was in high school, but we thought the kids would like it. Both teams bands played at half time. My kids got to see so many instruments that they had never seen before. It was fun.