background

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Grand Canyon

Charlie and I went to the Grand Canyon on a field trip with his 4th grade class. We loaded busses at the school at 9:00 at night. After "sleeping" all night on the bus we unloaded to see the sun rise over the Grand Canyon.




It was absolutely beautiful!



Charlie took this picture. Pretty impressive huh?!?



Back on the bus, the kids were introduced to native Arizona wildlife. This is a rosie boa.



Then we drove to the Wupatki Indian Ruins. Very Cool!



Last stop of the day was at Sunset Crater. ( I was exhausted and didn't want to get off the bus!) It is a volcano that exploded about 1000 years ago. We hiked a mile through the lava. It is really interesting landscape.

Charlie had a blast. I think he would love to go back and do it all over again.

4 comments:

dan and laura said...

looks like fun!! and Janelle, I couldn't believe you let them put lobsters in your pool. we should do that next time we come down...kinda looks adventurous!

kellie said...

It IS a really fun trip, but SO exhausting! I thought that Sunset Crater was peaceful, and everytime we drive through Flagstaff, I am trying to figure out how we could live there!

Mindi said...

I love the picture of you and Charlie. How cute are you both! I'd love to see the Grande Canyon, but I think Justin may end up on the school trip. He would probably fight me for it. We took the kids to Wupatki a couple years ago. It was fun to see and imagine the Indians there. I hope you got to catch up on a little sleep!

kidding...right? said...

That sounds like so much fun! Sleeping on the bus sounds a little rough but I'm sure the kids loved it.