background

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Costumes

Anne offered to sew Isabelle a dalmation costume this year. She did a great job! Janet made her own costume! Anne made one for herself. Mom sewed Charlie's Voldemort costume.

That left Elizabeth....She wanted to be Giselle from Enchanted. But I wasn't really sure I was up to that much sewing. So I put her off for quite a while. Finally a week before Halloween everyone had a costume but her, and the "Mom guilt" set in. So off we went to the fabric store. Each day I worked on the costume a little knowing that the night of October 30th I would probably have a lot of work to do. Well that was an underestimation on my part. Thursday night I got the kids to bed and really dug in. I thought I would probably be done between midnight and 1:00 AM. Well, at 6:30 in the morning when Elizabeth was supposed to leave for Seminary I was STILL sewing. I didn't finish until 7:30 when we took a few quick pictures and sent her off to school. I was exhausted.

Was it worth it? Absolutely! The smile on Elizabeth's face made every stitch worth all the time and effort. Some times you just have to sacrifice a little time and sleep as a Mom. It was a morning I will always remember.

One last thing. This was Charlie's program from October 30th. His part was so adorable. The video was taken from behind the piano, where I was, but is still so cute. Right after he said his part they sang "Do You Love Me"!

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow! I am very impressed. Good job everyone - you all look awesome! Love you!

Ellen (the younger)

Heather said...

Great costumes...all of them. They look awesome!

The Huffs said...

umm... do you mind sacrificing and making kid a costume next year??? Or maybe I will pay Anne to do it! She did an awesome job. You have the mom of the year award!

kellie said...

What a labor of love, and it was worth it by the looks of it. I don't know you did it, I sure hope you got a nap this last weekend...

Allison said...

The costume is beautful! Elizabeth looks great in it. All the costumes turned out really cute! I don't know that I would have wanted to put that much time into a costume, but at least Elizabeth can wear it again for a few more Halloweens or share with her sisters. You are an awesome mom!

Heather Magnusson said...

Awesome costumes.. but you are the Tollers!!! I am fascinated by Laura and Daniel... I sneek peek at them from your site..... amazing adventure types. I love different cultures and love to travel myself.. so I have been captivated by thier posts... Makes me think I should post a bit about Panama and India too.... Thanks for sharing!!